Vicki L. Gardner, 45, was sentenced April 29 after pleading guilty to driving under the influence and reckless endangerment on April 2, 2013. An officer saw Gardner buying alcohol at a local liquor store, and observed she was unsteady. The officer determined Gardner drove her van to the liquor store, and asked if there was someone in the car to give her a ride home. Gardner said yes. The officer investigated, and found three children in the car. The officer conducted field sobriety tests and determined Gardner had been driving under the influence. Gardner was sentenced to 20 days in jail, $1,830 in fines, $125 in fees, completion of alcohol treatment, revocation of her license for 90 days, one year probation and six months of using an ignition interlock device.

Brian R. Huntsman, 22, was sentenced April 15 after pleading guilty to second-degree sexual abuse of a minor June 1, 2012. A 15-year-old girl’s mother reported Huntsman and her daughter were potentially sexually active. An investigation concluded Huntsman and the girl had sex three times between June 2012 and September 2012. Huntsman was sentenced to two years in jail, $200 in fees and five years’ probation.

Morgan L. Knutson, 45, was sentenced April 2 after pleading guilty to driving under the influence Dec. 27. A trooper observed Knutson’s car take a wide turn on FAA Road and crash into a snow bank. Knutson admitted to drinking. He was sentenced to 240 days in jail, $8,000 in fines, $125 in fees, three years’ probation, revocation of his driver’s license for five years and two years’ use of an ignition interlock device.

William D. Whittington, 22, was sentenced April 3 after pleading guilty to second-degree burglary. Whittington broke into a business on FAA Road and stole $200 from a cash register. He was sentenced to four months in jail, $200 in fees, restitution and two years’ probation.

Alice O. Daly, 57, was sentenced March 20 after pleading guilty to first-degree criminal trespass Feb. 5. A man called police to report Daly entered his home, started yelling at him and refused to leave. An officer responded and found Daly intoxicated and uncooperative. Daly couldn’t stand on her own and tried to punch the officer. She was sentenced to a $100 fee, completion of an alcohol abuse assessment and one year’s probation.

Lyle C. Whitmarsh, 46, was sentenced April 30 after pleading guilty to being a non-resident hunting without a guide and unlawfully transporting game on May 7, 2010. Whitmarsh, a Canadian resident, took a brown bear in the Haines area without a registered hunting guide and illegally transported it to the Fish and Game office to be sealed. Whitmarsh was sentenced to a $2,500 fine, a $50 fee, two years’ probation, $1,300 in restitution and revocation of his hunting license for two years.