Posted inNews

Artifact Spotlight

The Haines Sheldon Museum’s latest artifact. The 29-inch wide and 3.5-inch thick life ring was aboard the M/V Chilkoot, Haines’ first ferry that was converted from a military surplus landing craft. Captain G David Gitkov owned the ring. Gitkov captained the ferry beginning in 1952. He later captained the M/V Chilkat until the latest ferries […]